Gratitude from the Heart
This is the time of year to express the spirit of love and peace. With generosity and gratitude we remember that which is good and beautiful in our lives. This is also the time of year we offer appreciation and love to family, friends, colleagues and the many people we may never meet.
Thanks to all of you, for the many gifts you give. Thank you for being an integral part of my life and for the support you offer year after year.
We are all connected— each one of us is an expression of the All. And in that connection, we discover our heart.
Carl Jung said, “The utterances of the heart, unlike those of the discriminating intellect, always relate to the whole. In this sense, the heart shows the meaning of things in great perspective. What the heart hears are the great things that span our whole lives, the experiences which we do nothing to arrange but which simply happen to us.”
This holiday season, there are many things to be grateful for, along with the people in your life. Here are a few other sentiments that I offer up for gratitude:
- The natural world with its magnificence and power.
- The ability to give. Giving and receiving are one and the same.
- The ability to learn. When we stop learning, we stop living and we stop loving.
- Change. Change can be unsettling or challenging. But the mystery of it and what is emerging keeps us young and courageous.
- Possibility. Always available and waiting for us to cultivate the wisdom to say yes.
- Life. The full diversity of the Universe.
Let me know what you are grateful for during these “holy days.”
Bettie J. Spruill
“May the blessings of God be upon you.
May His peace abide within you.
May Her presence illuminate your hearts,
Now and forever more.”